Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently diagnosed with IBS by my doctor. I've always had a dodgy/sensitive stomach, but just before Christmas I found It was getting really bad and after a series and after a series of blood tests and an abdominal exam were clear I was told it was IBS and I needed to try and work out what was causing it and it was left at that. I've tried everything and I can't identify whats causing it all. I thought it might be bread at first, so cut it out, but no change.I find I get some kind of symptom at least once a week. I go from dioreaha to constipation. I get agonising stomach pains, both in the lower and upper abdomen, terrible wind which smells vile, my stomach is noisy and grumlbes a lot and I've also noticed Im suffering from indigestion a lot. A couple of times the pain has been so bad its woke me up in the night, I also find I have a terrible stomach ache first thing in the morning after getting up which I find is relieved by going to the loo. I'm also bloated a lot and sometimes it so bad it feel like i'm about to pop and can't stand up straight.Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
HiIt all sounds so familiar to me, and dreadfully annoying not knowing what causes this. My doctor has put me forward for an exclusion diet, this is done through a Dietitian at my local hospital. This may help or not but we are trying everything. It may be worth mentioning this to your doctor? Hopefully you will feel better soon. I am also on 30mg of Lanzoprazole a day to help with indigestion and acid reflux.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HiI had IBS for over 20 years.My symptoms were similar to yours - diarrhea then constipation.I tried everything from the doctor and chemist but nothing consistently worked.15 months ago I started to try something different - 100% natural. Within 3 weeks my IBS symptoms disappeared and haven't returned since. I continue to take this 100% natural product and will never stop.I drink 60ml of stabilised Aloe Vera Gel from Forever Living Products every morning. It has transformed my life so much that I now cannot hold back in telling others about it. I also now have a business with forever because of it.I would strongly recommend that you try it. It is 100% natural and is worth a try as Forever offer a 60 day money back guarantee if you receive no benefit.I am happy to give you more info if you are interested.Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good last post. I would recommend Aloe Vera, I take the tablet version of Aloe Vera and I think it helps a bit, especially with constipation, I also take natural charcoal tablets for bloating and wind...all these are available in local health food shops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AnjieI'm glad that you have had a benefit from Aloe, however, the Forever drinking Gel is not available at Health Food Shops.All Aloe products are good but nowhere near the quality of the Forever gel that I drink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.