Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since changing what you eat is one of the biggest solutions to IBS, I thought that we could use this to post a few of our favourite 'safe' recipes for the rest of us. I'm not sure about other people, but sometimes I get sick of eating the same things over and over, but afraid to venture out into new things because of the potential consequences. Also, I have some of these IBS cookbooks, but I find they're sometimes a little too complicated for day-to-day cooking. So that all being said, here's my first one:Rice Casserole [this is my own name -- I sort of came up with this trying to make soup but adding too much rice.
] makes 8-12 servings - 12 c Water- 1/2 chicken and 1/2 veggie bouillon (often I use a less than would be needed for 12 cups water)- Assorted Veggies (potatoes, carrots, broccoli celery -- depends on how much you can fit in your pot) - 3-4 Breasts Boneless Skinless Chicken (could possibly sub other things -- Tofu etc., although I've never tried)- 1 Chopped Onion- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic- 1 tbs Parsley- 1 tbs Oregano- 1 1/2 tbs Basil- 1 tsp Rosemary- 1 tsp Thyme- 2 Bay Leaves- 4 c Rice- Salt and Pepper to taste Add the veggies first to simmering water with the bouillon into a large pot. Cut up chicken breasts into cubes and add after. Add all spices. Let boil for a little bit. Add rice. Let simmer until most, if not all, of the water has been absorbed by the rice. Whole process takes about 2 hrs from start to finish, but makes a pile of food that you can freeze and save for weeks. Feel free to experiment with the spices -- I don't usually measure them out, more going by taste.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.