Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm IBS-D. Sometimes I have felt pain in a localized external area around my butt and a small amount of blood on the TP ("spotting" after a BM. Am wondering, is rectal tissue "tearing" from either the BM or too "vigorous" wiping, or "rough" toilet paper or is it something I need to be concerned about. Blood is almost microscopic, nothing in toilet bowl. What kind of Toilet Paper do IBS-D's use and do you carry your own when out in public & having to use public bathrooms? Is there anything I can use to "moisturize" the area afterwards to prevent this? Thanks

G

·
See post " What to do for T.P. abrasions??"I also found " Bag balm" ( used on cows udders) to help soften and protect the skin that tissue paper comes in contact with.------------------L.B.

G

·
See post " What to do for T.P. abrasions??"I also found " Bag balm" ( used on cows udders) to help soften and protect the skin that tissue paper comes in contact with.------------------L.B.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I agree that the Bag Balm is a good skin healer for about anyplace on your body.As for wiping, I use TP to start with and end up using a wet wipe to get it all. Cottonelle is the one I use but there are others. Baby wipes are good, but not flashable.Even just a wet tissue is better than just using dry TP------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G[This message has been edited by Joycein OH (edited 10-20-2001).]

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I agree that the Bag Balm is a good skin healer for about anyplace on your body.As for wiping, I use TP to start with and end up using a wet wipe to get it all. Cottonelle is the one I use but there are others. Baby wipes are good, but not flashable.Even just a wet tissue is better than just using dry TP------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G[This message has been edited by Joycein OH (edited 10-20-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.