Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, i am new here!i have been diagnosed IBS 2 years ago afterhaving a barium enema. the past year has been not bad with my ibs as things were BETTER than the previous year.but, since the middle of september, ive experience some new stuffs that made me worried since...ive began to have extreme pains in the butt at almost each bowell movements. a sharp, cutting pain. worried, ive been to the doc tellin me its a fissure. ive take suppossitories for 2 weeks and the pain was almost gone, but, during the treatment, ive had some bouts of horrible burning-soreness sensation in the anus-rectum as i felt that, inside the rectum but close to the end, there was like 2 localised spots that seems to be cooking. i ve also seen in a mirror as i stetched my anus that i had big ball of flesh, inflammed and with a big dark-purple line on it. at one of the most bad time of this, 2-3 times, ive also had some small spots of blood on the paper but ive never seen it on or in the stools.ive been taking some prep H for a while and i had bouts of better and worse days. then, ive seen another doc that checked my INSIDE of the rectum with a tube, euh, a scope something. she said that she has been deep as she can and that she has seen nothing wrong. seen another doc and she said: yep, i see your fissure, and, i feel inside somethong that i think is your hemmie.another thing, i take 4-5 sitzbaths a day, it seems to do me good and i noticed that, each time i have a movements or just after the sitzbath, i have huge balls of flesh comming out my rectum.....is it that?i am to go pass a sigmoid as the doctor said::I think u have nothing bad, but, go pass this to ease your mind....as everyone else on this forum can relate? i wish that it is nothing else as it make me anxious. also, is it frequent with ibs?thanks in advance and my sympathies to all sufferers.(ps, excuse my english if there is a lots of mispells-mistakes).Serge

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Serge, Welcome
No I don't think you are alone with this problem. Others here have had anal fissures too. And I'm sure many of us have hemmies too. Sounds like you are doing all the right things by seeing the Doctors and making sure that there is nothing else going on. Here is some info on anal fissures; just click on it: http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs38.htm And here is some info on hemmies: http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs10.htm Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon.BQ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there BQ,thank you for your answers and thanks for thewelcome too. I will check your adresses for sure... yeah, im trying to do everything to make sure that there is nothing WORSE than what the doctors are tellin me. i overeact and am nervous-anxious each time i have something happening health wise and its poisonning my life often, well, hopefully, i will be ok again this time!many thanksSerge

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Serge, I know what you mean, it is easy to fall into the old anxiety trap isn't it? But your thinking is positive and that goes along way to helping us feel better and turning that anxiety down.Here is a thread I found from this Bulletin Board about anal fissures. Most of the folks that posted to it seem to still be frequenting here. Also there is a link within that thread to another support group just for folks with anal fissures.Just click here: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...t=030287#000000
BQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.