Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question - I have had every test and still am told I have IBS. I occasionally have some red blood on the tip of my stool along with some blood tinged mucous - anyone else experience this? Oh and no major hemmorroid problem either!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Bright blood is usually coming from the rectal/anal area. Even minor hemaroids or even just an irritated anus can bleed.Since the Dr apparently has taken a look I think you can rule out most of the more dangerous reasons for this (like inflamatory bowel diseases).K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had that problem for many years. It took about 4 months of using 100% psyllium husks two times a day but that one problem stopped for me. My doctor was right about that. It takes time and patience to gradually build up to whatever amount of fiber you may need.I hope it helps. I know how frightening the bleeding/mucous is.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
MomG--Have you called your doctor about this? There are some things that I think are worth a call to the doctor (no matter how irritating he/she is), and blood is one of them!!! Hopefully you'll find out that it's "normal," whatever that is. Best wishes.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi,If you have had all the tests, I wouldn't worry about the blood too much. I do have internal hemmies and diverticulosis along with my never-ending "C" and occasionally I notice blood tinged mucous. It used to freak me out too, but my doctor told me it is most likely an irritation of sorts. Just like if you have a cold and continually blow your nose, you will sometimes see some slight blood with the mucous. The colon can get irritated in the same way. If it continues, call your doctor, if for nothing else to put your mind at ease.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts