Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just under two weeks ago I decided to do a sort of �pre LEAP� test of my own by cutting out grain based carbos for a minimum of 72 hours and then reintroduce a few and see what happened. The info from MikeNL about �food sensitivities� able to kick in up to 3 days later gave a new twist to my previous rejection of �food allergies� being causative. I had never noticed anything consistent except that changing foods a lot kept my IBS hopping and confused � maybe. (There seems to be a lot of maybe�s with this animal!)Anyhow, I noticed some time ago that in an �attack/pain period� like I have been in for the past 6 weeks or so my flatulence increases. (I guess it is OK to use the word �fart�??? as I think Uuggh titled a recent post: �Fart your way to Heaven� or something). So, that being what it is I would say that my fart factor went from around 40 a day to 5 or 6. As any extra pressure increases the pain and discomfort this is �air� I don�t need! Well and good and maybe food for more consideration re �causative factors�. The problem is I now seem to have a kind of �acidic burning� feeling just below my ribcage and above my belly button and often it moves up some to about the level of the lower ribs � inside of course. This can last for hours or on and off all day, after a meal; even a good salad or eggs and vegs for breakfast, etc. Now if you noticed my other post about �burning butt� the last thing I need is a fire at both ends�I guess this is called �acid reflux� but is totally new to me. I have no idea why it just started and the only variable I have changed is the carbos. I wonder if there are some �lost enzymes� or something out there in my stomach that are upset with the lack of starches and are out to give me grief. Is this possible? I would like to keep testing my dietary direction but this is getting worrisome and uncomfortable. You maybe know what I mean � another new thing shows up and it can start a chain reaction of anxiety. Honestly, I don�t feel as hopeful about all this as it may seem, but having your guys� ear and support seems to rekindle my optimism. THANK YOU!!! PLEASE SEE MY RELATED POST ON AN �ACIDIC REAR END� Any help on the �Acid Twins� posts would be much appreciated. Best! Drew.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts