Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started using amitiza two days ago since zelnorm has been taken off the shelves. I used to have incomplete evacuation which had been alleiviated by zelnorm in the past 4 months. With amitiza, the volume of my stool has reduced quite a bit but I still feel evacuated (this is the second day). Am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started taking Amitiza today and I have alretty went.I suffer from extreme Idiopathic Chronic Constipation,where I don't evacuate at all by myself.I normally take Senokot every other say so I can move my bowels.I tried Zelnorm before and it just gave me a huge headach and did nothing for me.I hope that Amitiza will help me so I don't have to feel this way anymore,I've had this problem for 3 years now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started Amitiza yesterday. I had been without my precious Zelnorm for about a week. I had been going everyday with the following regimen. I will usually have 30 to 45 grams of fiber from "Natural and Whole foods"I would eat 2 apples a day, 5-6 servings of fresh or frozen vegetables a day, at least a 1/2 to a whole gallon of water a day, 2 to 3 glasses of WHOLE milk a day. Also, 8 to 12 "Super Colon Cleanser" capsules per day (4 per "least amount of fiber" meal), also, 2000 mg of Vitamin C also 6 prescription strength B Complex vitamins (from kinesiologist/chiropractor "dr"). Doing all of this has kept me going on a daily basis for my week without Zelnorm. BUT I could start to feel the dreaded bloating and constant gurgling and impending gas (I actually couldn't stop tooting LOL) coming on. Myt stomach began to grow... I began to gain weight (on 1,400 calories a day plus exercising!!!). So I decided to try the Amitiza. I made sure to take with my food to avoid thew nausea. This is a nice change as opposed to the empty stomach I had to have for the Zelnorm. Today I have a bit of diarreah, and a very slight headache. But myu gurgling belly and gas and bloating are gone! It's only my 2nd day so i will give this a full trial. I am going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best. I wish us all the best in this battle of the bowel...Betsy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I forgot to say another thing i do... Based on advice form my kinesiologist/chiropractor dr. I take my my two hands and place them one pinky finger on my belly button and the other pinky finger on my RIGHT hip bone. Where my two index finger meet I press down really hard and rotate my fingers in a circle 7 times! I do this about 5 times a day. It usually works best and i remember most to do it while i am on the toilet. I know this sounds really strange. But, usually I can feel something in there and hear a gurgling sound when i've got the right spot. This I was told is where the small iontestine meets the large intestine... He said that we have a valve where the two intestines meet and that my valve gets stuck. What I am doing with this action is unsticking the valve thus allowing the "poop" to move into the small intestine and then into the toilet where it belongs. Usually after i do this i'll have to evacuate not too long afterwards... It seemed silly to me, but hey, anything is worth try.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally posted by xBlondeAngel650x:I normally take Senokot every other say so I can move my bowels.Hi xBlondeAngel650xCould you share a little bit about your experience with senokot? It seems that it works for your C but perhaps not for any additional symptoms?Amitiza has not worked for me (I tried twice) and like everyone else I am desperately searching for an alternative. Also, does senokot have any side effects for you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.