Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on tv I saw an advert for those who had constipation t make the BM's less painful rather than making you go. I cant remember what its called so if you know please tell me.I have started on calcium and as my body takes time to adjust I am having some kiler cramps and now have C. Anyway it got me thinking I dont want to take a senekot but could be nice to be able to go without the pain, but more than that if it really doesnt act as a laxitive could it b used to make D less painful too?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well I don't know for sure what you are talking about but it sounds like perhaps it was an advert for a stool softener??? Like one without a laxative in it .. just a plain stool softener. I think it literally softens stool to make it easier to pass. So.. D is already soft so I don't think it would help with the kind of pain you are referring to that you get with D.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reason I was asking is because I didnt know name to find out what it was actually to do, but it does make sense that it could be a stool softener which would be totally pointless.Trying to find out if there is anything that would, for lack of a better word, numb your from the inside to reduce cramps and also cut the pain of movements

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spot on well done diana, sadly BQ your right its a stool sftener which does nothing for D, might help for early days of calcium if things get bad in the C sense but I am trying to not to interfere with it to see if it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.