Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor told me today that the reason my sore throat will not go away is because I have a secondary infection from acid reflux due to smoking. He put me on amoxi for 10 days and told me to put the smokes down. I've already been working on that. Doing pretty good w/ 1/2pack a day considering I was a 1 1/2 pack a day person last year. Have any of you had smoking cause a sore throat like this in relation to acid reflux. I'm just worried it could be something else.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I used to smoke about 4 years ago but had to stop due to the pain and reflux it caused. I dont remember a sore throat as such but a tight feeling in the top of my stomach and pain. I had to give it up as it hurt me too much.Emx

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I'm with em. Indigestion and later diarrhea all trace back to smoking, along with bad diet, alcohol, stress, etc. Eventually it even developed into reflux. I certainly had sore throats but I never associated that with digestion.Good luck.Mark

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Nope. I blundered into a flavonoid supplement in trying to control my chloreserol and have not had more than a passing problem with bowels or digestion since 1999. (Of course, I don't smoke; but I have been able to reintroduce all of my other triggers.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.