Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I started taken reglan about a month ago. it made me VERY tired at first but since then that has gotten better. it also seemed to really be working when i first started taking it but lately i have been feeling horrible so who knows. it does seem to relieve the pain when i take them and then eat. but the pain doesnt always subside for long. do you also take it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a warning to be careful taking this drug. Pay close attention to your body for any odd anxiety associated with needing to move or odd movements and cramping or twitching muscles. This drug is what triggered a dystonic reaction in my body which after several misdiagnoses and more drugs let to a severe form of permanent drug-induced dystonia. I have had generalized tardive dystonia for 8 years now which began after exposure to Reglan. I will likely need to use a wheelchair for the rest of my life because of this drug.You can read my story and more about drug-induced movement disorders here: http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/6691 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/6691/mystory.htm I know that Reglan can really help people with motility disorders, but just be aware of your body and if you are getting weird symptoms notify your doctor immediately and come off the drug slowly. I just have to warn people that these drugs can cause lifelong disability if docs and patients don't pay attention to the side effects.-Jen

·
Registered
439 Posts
Reglan has certainly been known to cause pseudo-parkinsonism. My grandmother got that and had to take benedryl to control her tremors for the rest of her life.I have taken Reglan many times over the years without recourse and it works wonderful for increasing parastalsis especially if you suffer from gastroparesis, also excellent for stroke patients that have difficulty swallowing and it does a fine job with reflux. (there are equally good drugs out there for reflux with fewer side effects)Good drugs come with side effects and Reglan does have high risks for them. Reglan is an OLD drug so the side effects are very well documented.Why are you taking Reglan Dee?Sorry to hear about your crippling side effects Jen. Simply Horrible.
:love: Belinda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.