Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have IBS-C and was just diagnosed as having slow motility. My doctor put me on a daily exercise regiment of jogging for 15 minutes and Reglan at bedtime. I know I have read some past posts on Reglan that are not favorable. Does anyone take Reglan without any "horror" stories?I have tried just about everything for constipation. Nothing works for very long. I am now taking Perdeum (contains a low % of Senna). A high fiber diet or fiber supplements make the problem even worse. I drink so much water that I am bloated and it is difficult to move!

G

·
I hate that drug so much---I don't know why, but it gives me a "waking nightmare" feeling. I do actually have nightmares while on it, but when I'm awake, I feel psycho--no other drug has ever made me fel this way. I refuse to take it. Sorry, that's not very encouraging, is it? But it must not be that way for everyone, else, how could it stay on the market?

G

·
I hate that drug so much---I don't know why, but it gives me a "waking nightmare" feeling. I do actually have nightmares while on it, but when I'm awake, I feel psycho--no other drug has ever made me fel this way. I refuse to take it. Sorry, that's not very encouraging, is it? But it must not be that way for everyone, else, how could it stay on the market?

G

·
I tried it once it made me very groggy especially the next day all those sleeping pills have a hangover effect I watch my diet no soda beer or dairy for gas I lie on the bed and grab my knees bringing them into my stomach fifty reps for gas

G

·
I tried it once it made me very groggy especially the next day all those sleeping pills have a hangover effect I watch my diet no soda beer or dairy for gas I lie on the bed and grab my knees bringing them into my stomach fifty reps for gas

G

·
I was given it once and took one pill. Had the worst attack of panic and anxiety I've ever experienced (and that's saying something!). Have since learned that this is not unusual with this drug.

G

·
I was given it once and took one pill. Had the worst attack of panic and anxiety I've ever experienced (and that's saying something!). Have since learned that this is not unusual with this drug.

G

·
Hi! I have been taking Reglen for about 2 1/2 months now. It's the only thing I found close to Prepulsid, which was taken off the market. It's ok, It's not as good as Prepulsid but it does help go to the washroom, I'm IBS C. For the first 3 weeks I just wanted to sleep but that wore off finally. I take 2 tablets 4 times daily but sometimes that is not enough. I restricy my diet severly now where as I did not have to as much before. I also have to add more fibre than is convenient to what I eat. I have not had any nightmares but now that I think about it I do feel more anxious but I though that I was just hitting a low time in my life which could very well be and not have anything to do with the Reglan I don't know if this helps but you might want to try it at least till something better comes along. At least it pushes the food through and I can go th the washroom. Brenda

G

·
Hi! I have been taking Reglen for about 2 1/2 months now. It's the only thing I found close to Prepulsid, which was taken off the market. It's ok, It's not as good as Prepulsid but it does help go to the washroom, I'm IBS C. For the first 3 weeks I just wanted to sleep but that wore off finally. I take 2 tablets 4 times daily but sometimes that is not enough. I restricy my diet severly now where as I did not have to as much before. I also have to add more fibre than is convenient to what I eat. I have not had any nightmares but now that I think about it I do feel more anxious but I though that I was just hitting a low time in my life which could very well be and not have anything to do with the Reglan I don't know if this helps but you might want to try it at least till something better comes along. At least it pushes the food through and I can go th the washroom. Brenda

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi! I am glad it is helping somebody. I have taken it for three days now. I only take it at bedtime along with Perdiem(the doctor does not approve of this). So far I have been able to "go" the next day. I hope it continue to work without any side effects. I can last for at least 2 weeks without going to the bathroom. I never thought I would see the day when bathroom habits rule my life! I start teaching next week. The change of daily routine and water always cause problems.Thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi! I am glad it is helping somebody. I have taken it for three days now. I only take it at bedtime along with Perdiem(the doctor does not approve of this). So far I have been able to "go" the next day. I hope it continue to work without any side effects. I can last for at least 2 weeks without going to the bathroom. I never thought I would see the day when bathroom habits rule my life! I start teaching next week. The change of daily routine and water always cause problems.Thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wow! Am I glad to see some other sufferers who went nuts on Reglan. My doctors kind of looked at me like a headcase when I told them Reglan worked great (sort of), but made me suicidal. It did help my slow motility, kind of had D, but I couldn't tolerate the depression. I had the same kind of problem with Bentyl. It seems that many of these 'motility' drugs are known to affect the gut nervous system, but they also have the possible side effect of "crossing the brain-blood barrier" ie. affecting the brain. That's been my experience, but I know many people on the board have also been helped by these medications. best of luck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wow! Am I glad to see some other sufferers who went nuts on Reglan. My doctors kind of looked at me like a headcase when I told them Reglan worked great (sort of), but made me suicidal. It did help my slow motility, kind of had D, but I couldn't tolerate the depression. I had the same kind of problem with Bentyl. It seems that many of these 'motility' drugs are known to affect the gut nervous system, but they also have the possible side effect of "crossing the brain-blood barrier" ie. affecting the brain. That's been my experience, but I know many people on the board have also been helped by these medications. best of luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.