Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had sort or a half-attack last night....not so much D as HORRIBLE feeling-like-I-have-a-knife-in-my-stomach pain! I sat alone in my room, turned on some music, and worked on some sketches that I had forgotten about a while ago......I stopped and for the first time I actually paid attention to what I was doing...how I was actually relaxing my body and getting my mind off of how horrible I felt.
I was wondering how others relax themselves? Say you have a bad attack and you are home...free to do whatever you need to help yourself...you feel like a mack truck just ran over you...what do you do to get your mind off of it?As I stated above, I usually lie down, either turn on the radio or pop in a CD, and I either read or draw or write. My 2 cats usually know when I'm sick, so they both curl up with me at each side ( instant living heating pads LOL they throw off SO MUCH heat!! )~Veggie~

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like to lay down if possible too.I also like to play music on the radio or a CD. Sometimes I watch a video or tv too, (I am so spoiled I have a TV and Video in my bedroom).I take medication if I need it (for pain/cramps) and also like to have a soothing warm drink if I don't feel too horrible, usually peppermint tea (though not too much as it can be a bit laxative).A hot pack or hot water bottle can be good too. I also like to cuddle up to my favourite stuffed toy. It is soothing to have something soft to cuddle up too. (For you I guess that would be your cats?)A nice hot shower (or bath if you prefer) can be good too, though it is a bit tricky if you have those 'every other minute' trips to the loo! (Best to have them after the D subsides).Lastly, sleep! After a nasty bout of D is over, sleep is great. I usually feel a lot better when I wake up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.