Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real fast, over the last few days, my stomach has become more constipated.I have been going to the bathroom less often, and when I have gone, the stools have been harder, and the release has been less complete.I have noticed a direct correlation between this and bloating.When I empty more often, and when the emptying is more complete, I am less bloated, and the reverse holds true.This makes it critically important that I have regular, full releases.For the last week, until the last few days, I have had such sucess with my bathroom trips, and the result has been a prominetly smaller level of bloating.Now, what I have been doing is having three times a day 1/2 cup of applesauce and Oat bran.I also have been having three times a day, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, a tablespoon of CVS Benefiber.At breakfast, I have been having a bowl of Kasha and two slices of wheat bread.Further, I have been taking over 100 oz of water a day, and two peppermint oil capsules.I wanted to know what I can do to help keep my system flowing with smooth, full releases in an effort to have bloating minimized.I also wanted to know if anything I listed above could be contributing to the problem, and if so, what I should do or change.I was thinking maybe I should lower my dose from three to two of applesauce and oat bran a day. If not, I thought I might want to change the dose size from 1/2 cup of Oat bran to a small reduction. I raised it to a 1/2 cup of Oat Bran each serving only in the last few days, coinciding with the increase inc onstipation, and was wodneitng if perhaps this was too high an amount of oat bran. Is this possible?I also was thinking of either adding or reducing the doses of Benefiber. I switched back to the brand Benefiber instead of the CVS version yesterday. I notice that after six days of taking the same Fiber brand, I appear to get to more constipated, which makes me wonder if my body adjusts to a brand after a couple of days, and therefore needs bran alternaton every couple days. Has anybody else had that?I was thinking maybe adding a dose of Benefiber before bed, in addition to three doses at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, would be helpful.I was thinking too drinking more water, perhaps hot tea, even though I feel I drink a lot as is, would be a good thing.The last thing I thought was I should eat less often, with longer time in between, today.Last night, for example, I skipped my afternoon snack.I went six hours between lunch and dinner, coincidently, it was during this time I felt the lowest amount of bloating all day.Is there any reason why this would occur?What are you thoughts on why this is occuring, if I am doign anything to contribute to the problem, if my thoughts on how to resolve are good and should be followed, and what other things I can do to help. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Hi V!I use glycerin suppository(for baby yes i'm one) for a complete evacuation.This thing WORKS!But they will say it's a laxative and that your bowel can become addict to it.I wonder if it's true.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Lennon-"Let it be".

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not the same question, can you help?I have been taking Sudafed to help with my Sinus problem, does that cause constipation?None of the things I read on this say it does, but I wanted to double check.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
There is good chance V.Many things cause C.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the last hour I have had gas, which has made me less bloated.It feels now like the gas is bowel movement, I am wondering if not taking beano is a good choice.I normally take three pills of beano at lunch, snack, and dinner.Can beano cause this, and would not taking it help?Thanks.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Volatile, I'm sorry if you feel that you're not getting the support you need here but I think a number of members have already given you good advice and it would be great if you could follow through on those pieces of advice rather than go over the same ground again here.This forum is such a friendly and supportive place it would be a shame to give new members the impression that people are not welcoming, but on the other hand we all need to realise that there are no easy answers and we are all in pain together.I'm going to close this thread. I think that some good advice has been given, in that if certain threads irritate you then it is best to ignore them and they will drop down the board very quickly.Volatile, if I could ask you to refrain from posting any new threads for a while I think that would be useful. If you want to email me about this you can - just click on 'SophieUK' and view my profile to find my email address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.