Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is difficult to explain. 2-1/2 years old I lost the conventinal urge and now I get this almost constant feeling or sensation of wanting to void. Almost always starts off non solid for first few seconds and then shifts over to solid and then it feels like a slow moving conveyor belt at the supermarket where someone in express randomly places one item at a time. But when I am really finished - that sensation to continue persists. Irritation in rectum? Worse than pain as it's broken my spirit. I am no stranger to pains but this has driven this 48 year old woman to make a serious inquiry into nursing home admission. Single colonoscopy revealed nothing. Immodium usually will reduce or eliminate feeling but consequences in follow-up BM's. I have used Metamucil and many IBS Meds with no success. The only way I get to sleep and cease this hideous thing (usually an all night battle)is with Diazepam. Thank you for reading. ------------------JeanBiermanoski

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What you are experiencing is incomplete evacutaion or feelings of incomplete evacuation, which is very common with IBS. I suffer with the same thing. Always feeling like I need to go, even though I have gone. I never feel like I am finished. I have not found anything to help with this.------------------Wishing for a cure for IBS.FOS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so very very much FOS. I have done some research and on occasion read other IBS posts from time to time and never knew of anyone else who suffered from this problem. Also, the several doctors whom I saw said they had never heard of this. I am truly stunned to have read your response.------------------JeanBiermanoski[This message has been edited by JeanBiermanoski (edited 06-15-2000).][This message has been edited by JeanBiermanoski (edited 06-15-2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jean,I am surprised your doctors never heard of this. Incomplete evacuation is a symptom of IBS and a fairly common complaint of people with IBS. I would never take immodium, however, because that can really stop you up and make you feel worse. Eating smaller meals and drinking water helps a bit. Also I notice Chamomile Tea seems to quiet things down. I just read recently where Aloe Vera juice is very good for the intestinal tract and acts as a cleansing agent. I have not tried it yet, but I plan to. You can buy it in health food stores. I have heard Walmart carries it also. It is a very annoying feeling, I know..that constant feeling of having to go...sometimes I am not sure if there really is more to come and won't or if I just feel there is more to come, when there really isn't any more. At least you know you are not alone.
------------------Wishing for a cure for IBS.FOS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FOS. It's me JeanBiermanoski. The system is not accepting the password they issued me and then validated repeatedly in sent emails. So, I've had to re-register under Jaxxii. Whew! Absolutely! That uncertainty is emotionally maddening. And Yes, the Immodium makes for more problems. But sometimes it just comes down to a trade-off. Thanks so very much again. You have validated a 2-1/2 year experience and will ultimately make it more bearable knowing I am not alone. ------------------Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.