Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,My IBS has had a massive turn, ive been having up to two attacks a day which is severly affecting my life. I was on a second date with this guy the other day (at his house) and had a MASSIVE IBS attack. I must have run to the toilet 5 times for D, smelly and farting.. and passed out all sweating and sick. Sooo embarrassing it was aweful. He was really good about it though didnt judge me, didnt say much at all. Offered me pain killers and a cold flannel i was so lucky he was understanding. Then the next night he came to mine and I had ANOTHER attack this was my 4th in 24hours and one of many in the last month I was so upset, embarrassed and in so much pain i broke down into tears... i did try to get him to go home when i felt the pang of IBS but he wouldnt go. Again he was so nice and understanding, i did demand he leave in the end though i was so gutted. I know I am lucky that he understood and did not judge me but im so embarrassed it all even happened in the first place. I starting to get scared to eat or to drive far in my car for fear of a D attack. Ive lost 4.5 kilos in the last three weeks and loosing more im so scared. I mean i can afford to loosing it at the moment but its draining and i have no energy.I know there is nothing i can really do, i guess i just wanted to say it somewhere where i know ppl will understand how it felt.Thank you so much for listening to rant

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess thats the thing with IBS there are so many triggers... i did wonder if it was the stress of the date, or maybe some jelly beans i ate. i do know some of my triggers but the odd thing about it is that sometimes my triggers affect me and sometimes they dont. i do know that stress, diet and exercise all contribute and that we need a healthy balance between them all.... just hard to find that

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmm weight loss is a red flag symptom even though it might be because of your fear to eat. You should consider checking your blood for inflamation markers and WBC count also some fecal microbiology screening for bad bugs. If this doesn't show anything try some antidiarrheals. They say calcium tablets do wonders to firm up your stools. Try.Just like you I'm unable to identify my triggers because sometimes they trigger problems, other times not at all.I became very suspicious about spaghetti and other pasta stuff. It seems that most of the times they make me run to the loo half hour after eating. I don't have any problems with bread, pastries, etc. but I plan to check myself for celiac disease soon.All the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.