Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently located site which claimed that relief could be obtained permanently in in 2/4 weeks by taking 3 supplements. The site generator indicated the name of the supplements could be obtained for $20. However, attempted to locate the site this AM, with no success.I suffer from IBS which leaves me constipated, irritable,fatigued and problems with sleeping(unable to sleep because of discomfort from pain in my left side).My IBS is a direct result of my having contracted the Helicobacter - Pylori bacteria approximately 5 years ago, the bacteria was eradicated with antibiotics. However,the bacteria left my digestive system inflamed which the physician has been successful in correcting for short periods of time with medication - with no permanence. Also, a colonscopy was performed - which came back negative.There were a number of excellent observations by the site generator which indicated that most digestive disorders were the result of harmful bacteria in the intestional tract which resulted from:A- Food poisoning B- Salmonella PoisoningC- Helicobacter - Pylori(bacteria which causes ulcers)The site generators recommendation was to schedule and appointment with a Gastroenterologist rather than a primary physician - general practioners add little if any value.. My Gastroenterologist was excellent in eliminating the H-Pylori bacteria but has added little value in resolving the IBS. The following was also recommended by the site generator:Avoid alcohol and caffeine(including soft drinks)as these are irritants.I presently take supplements which provide limited relief. Hope the above has added some value.WLHX

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Even if these supplement worked for some people they will not work for all IBSers.Nothing works for everyone. AND most of the "cures in 2-4 weeks" means you feel better in 2-4 weeks and you have to keep taking the stuff for as long as you have IBS.You might try searching this site with the name of the website. Periodically someone sets up a site like that and either someone here finds it and posts about it or the person trying to get money out of IBSers posts about it.One of the sites I can think of is still up and for 22.95 they will give you the name of the prescription drugs they used.I wouldn't send any of these people money just for the names of something (since most every bit of information like that can be found here for free). K.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thought process based upon my level of discomfort - is that $20 is a very small price to pay for the potential relief. In the past 5 years I have expended significant $$$ in prescriptions, supplements, etc.The combination of supplements if successful will certainly improve the quality of my life.Also if my memory is correct the relief is permanent after 30 days - if the combination works.Failed to note the also indicated that in addition to alcohol/caffeine. IBS sufferer's should also avoid bread, sugar, and fried foods.Thanks,Bill

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The problem is how do you separate out anyone with real information from the dozens of scam artists on the internet who tbet that IBSers are just desparate enough to send in $20, because it is not too big a price to pay.Also most people do not consider it a cure if they have to remain on a special diet that by itself will reduce IBS symptoms for a goodly number of people, without spending the $20 for the Magic list of suppelemtns and whatever those supplements cost (which based on what is sold to IBSers ranges from a few dollara a bottle to several hundred dollars a bottle).One wonders why this guy took the website down. Sometimes the FTC makes people take down stuff like that. Or maybe he just wasn't able to scam enough people out of $20, or too many people complained. Because usually these things stay up for years even when they are obviously bogus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts