Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Thanks for the little saying you gave us. It is very good advice. Although I can't remember how it felt anymore no to be in pain, I have many memories of much better times when I had a life. I will spend more time remembering the good times and I'm sure I will even come up with a laugh or two. Thanks again jfaith or Joyce

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi joyce, when i was in highschool i saw a film about an experment in witch a man put on glasses that turned his vision up side down,guess what,his brain addapted and soon he was seeing right side up,of corse when he took them off everthing was up side down agin. i think thats what i ment in an earlier reply about identifying with our pain,we become all consumed,i know theres an analogy here somewhere,but,i mean we really can addapt.all is never lost.cheer up,look up see far.(what a phlosopher).bye

G

·
You make an excellent point, in fact I was thinking about it today. Most of my life I dispaired about the things I found it difficult to learn because I was left handed, such as playing guitar, knitting etc. Then 2 years ago I made up my mind to learn how to crochet right handed, since I didn't know a left handed teacher. A neighbor showed me the basic stitch and it was very difficult at first, and slow but I finally got it. Three days later I realized that i had switched hands without any awareness on my part, and I was now a left handed crochet whiz, when I tried to switch back I couldn't figure out how to do it, this event always amazed me, my brain learned and adapted for me and I didn't even realize it. But this created a new problem, I couldn't follow a pattern, so I designed my own. The lady who taught me the basic stitch can only make squares, now I can make doilies, blankets, tea cozies and even stars and icicles for the tree and I just completed a bonnet for my future grandchild. The left handed student out did the teacher, not only because my brain adapted, but also because of my emotional determination to grow and succeed. It really is amazing what the mind can acomplish.Lori Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.