Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - has anyone else had the experience of being IBS free for months at a time and then hit with a series of attacks? Twice in my life I've suffered from moderate to severe IBS, then had it "go away" for months. Without any particular stressor, I will suddenly find myself having attacks, for anywhere from a week to a couple months. Anyway, I just wanted to know if my experince is common. (I have been thouroughly tested by my doctors for other problmes, but, of course, nothing is "wrong" with me.)Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I suffer with IBS D pretty much every day, but I do have a friend who only suffers with it once every 6-8 weeks. She takes no medication, doesn't change her diet, just feels that it has to take it's course and then she's free of it again for a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm having the same problem myself right now.. I had found Lotronex to be my saving grace for the past 8 months, then suddenly last week out of the blue it stopped working.Wish I had some hopeful advice but I'm in the midst of a bad bout of D and frustration. can't believe it's happening again..

·
Registered
441 Posts
C BettyI can relate somewhat...I can't say that I've gone months without symtoms..but for sure weeks and long stretches of time, where I am not "normal" but well controlled.During those times, my gut just feels calm..or rather no feeling. During bad times it just feels unsettled-that familiar warning that something is not right.I cannot relate it to stress, weather, time of month (although I am post menopausal) or anything else really.I have found I am more regular and predictable since starting fiber supplement and now on Questran for my blood lipids too. I go more often, but the urges are less, I can hold it, and don't go through the days of constipation I used to when on the imodium cycle (although I still use it some)Jeanne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.