Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was also tested for gastroparesis but was told I do not have it. As for the medicine I started last night, it worked wonderfully!!
Except I needed to get up at 3:00am to start going and just stopped now 8:00am
I will stay with these 2 combinations right now, as long as they work for me . Good luck to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm glad the meds worked for you. Like I said, it's the best thing I've come up with, except I'd like to regulate my bowels a little more so I'm not in the restroom so long. I've had many nights like the 3:00AM to 8:00AM ordeal you just experienced. May I ask how much Lactulose syrup are you taking, and do you take it all at bedtime? Right now, I take 2 TBS. in the late afternoon, and 8-10 TBS. at bedtime. I still have not decided whether to stop taking the Zelnorm and just trying the Lactulose again. Part of me wonders if the Zelnorm interferes with how the Lactulose Syrup functions in the colon to such an extent that it makes it more difficult to regulate your bowels. Jas

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jas I just started taking the 2 together so I'm sure I will have to adjust my meds also. Presently I am taking 1 zelnorm with 2 tablespoons of lactulose twice a day. I take my doses in the early morning and early evening.But like I said before,if I keep waking up at 3:00am I will change the 2nd dose. Today I finally have an empty colon and it feels great!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.