Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all! I'm working on a story about how gastro problems can make holiday gatherings especially difficult. For one thing, all the rich foods may set off symptoms. And then there you are, in a crowded, fancy room, and you have cramps and gas! Arg! I'm hoping this story will offer advice to avoid the problems, and helpful tips on coping with them. So I'm counting on your help! Please email me comments on holiday parties, maybe your own experiences, how you cope. I'm at dru.sefton###newhouse.comThanks so much, and Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you might celebrate!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think I, too, will send him my thoughts.Here's how I "handled" the Christmas party for my hubby's work: I didn't go! After a SuperBowl party last year, where I couldn't eat a damned thing that was offered, I decided it's just too hard to go to parties. Wish it were different, but it's not.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
tHAT'S GREAT WE GET PUBLICITY!!!HOWEVER,IT'S BETTER TO WRITE "IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROM" RATHER THAN IBS.IT'S MORE CLEAR FOR THE NON-SUFFERERS.THANKS BOTH OF YOU.IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT WE NEED A LOT OF PUBLICITY SINCE PEOPLE ARE SHY TO TALK ABOUT THEIR CONDITION.WE NEED MORE EXPOSURE BECAUSE OF THAT FOR THE ADVANCE OF THE RESEARCH.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Hi reporter!I see my post has been move from the news,research section.Reporter,the most striking statistic is the prevalence of IBSers in the population.It's 25%!!!So to get the attention of the politicians is to Talk about this.Also,the second most important thing is to talk about the cost of IBS for the society.HUGE FACTOR OF TIME-CONSUMING AND COST FOR THE HEALTH SYSTEM!!!Please do a part 2 of your article including my factS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts