Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since being recently diagnosed with IBS, I've been doing a ton of research and have tried different suggestions. I read that taking an antihistamine can help with the nausea and stomach cramps, so I gave it a shot last night and today - it actually did give me alot of relief. You can yell when it wears off though. I go back to work on Monday and am already dreading it. I dare not eat while at work, and am going to try getting up an hour earlier so my symptoms calm down before I have to go in - my symptoms are really bad in the mornings (I've read that's pretty common). I hate the limitations IBS puts on me and just can't believe this is just how it will be from now on. I'm only 45 and had stuff I really want to do. At this point, I dont think I Will be able to since every time I eat I feel horrible afterwards, no matter how little I eat. I want my life back!

I totally get what a lot of people have shared on this site about people not understanding how IBS can so radically change your life. I never imagined until I got it. I still don't see how people can go to work feeling this way, but I'm fixing to have to figure it out since not working isn't an option for me. Grrrrrr...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I won't eat at work, either. It's really a struggle to go all day without eating. On a REALLY good stomach day I might eat a small rice Krispy treat towards the end of my shift but I don't eat breakfast or lunch. It really sucks! I'm 43 but I've had IBS since my late teens and I totally agree it affects everything in your life and the choices you make. I hope things go well with your new job!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is so spot on. I'm 38 and have had IBS issues for 7 years now. No one in my house understands they think I'm using that to not go out etc. My job requires me to be driving about and exposed to lots of people - and on occasion I have to hearings in a jail where a guard holds the bathroom key So I starve a few days before the hearing It's like we're prisoners to this disease. I do wish I just had some thing everyone has heard of so I could get some understanding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.