Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had constant dull pain in my left side for about 2 years now and I had a colonoscopy done. Apparently there is ribbing in the right side where the colon feeds into the intestines (in the ilium) and there was also some cobble-stoning in my transverse colon on my left side and right (the left side is where my pain resides). The doctor said apparently this is quite common and its a possibility that gas is getting trapped under the cobble-stoning. The doctor also said there was nothing wrong and he did not seem concerned and everything seemed normal. Can anyone relate to this? Everything I look up on cobble-stoning points to Crohns Disease which he said nothing about and I hope I dont have. Can anyone tell me a little about this if they are educated about this sort of thing?Another thing to add is that it does not look at all like this picture of Crohns Disease. It looks more like a little overlapping of the side of the colon where the descending colon and transverse colon meet.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sometimes you have to trust the doctor knows what a normal amount of abnormal is normal.It is rare someone is 100% totally perfect in all areas of their anatomy with no funny spots of any kind anywhere.Usually if your doctor does a procedure enough they know what amounts of things that appear a little abnormal are normal signs of a human being that has been through a normal level of irritations, inflammations, infections and quirks of development and what level signals they need more evaluation.Do you have bloody diarrhea?Do you have abnormal blood tests? (especially elevated markers of inflammation like sedimentation rate)Do you have completely abnormal weight loss (you eat like a line backer trying to bulk up for the season but still are underweight, barely maintaining your weight).?If you have no symptoms of anything other than IBS going on I'd trust the doctor has seen enough insides to know what is the normal level of wear and tear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't have any of those serious symptoms which i am very thankful for. I was just wondering what those are and if anyone could relate. They took a couple biopsies of the areas I mentioned but he told me everything seemed normal. I would not be surprised if I ended up having IBS which I will not know until they get back to me in 2 weeks. But you are right no colon is going to be picture perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts