Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Rice Cream!

675 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  atp 
#1 ·
anyone tried the rice dream frozen dessert stuff? it's in the ice cream section.. if you like the rice dream milk, you'll like the frozen stuff too!
i just got the strawberry and it's yummy! just a thought for those of us who cant have milk but lovvve ice cream!

See less See more
#2 ·
I LOVE the chocolate stuff! Let me know when you try the vanilla....I haven't been that brave yet.
Now if they would make a Dulce le Leche rice cream I would be SOOOO happy!!!

#3 ·
I absolutely LOVE ice cream, but can't eat it. I have never tried the rice cream. Does it really taste like ice cream?? If it does, I will definitely try it!
------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)[This message has been edited by Rose (edited 02-05-2001).]

#9 ·
Yum, it's a nice treat, isn't it? I've never seen it in the grocery store, only in the health food stores. I like the ice dream bars, covered with chocolate and nuts. The soy ice cream is disgusting in my opinion, but any of the Rice Dream products are nice.AZ

#10 ·
I've seen it at Canada Safeway and Superstore here. (and health food places) Rice Dream is the brand I eat. Peanut Butter soy!? Safeway is holding out on me....I can only get Very Berry here! (which is good too)

#11 ·
Hey i just found the rice milk stuff and i love it. Can't find the rice cream though around here, i guess i should try a health food store or something.Here's recipe i plan to put on my site and upcoming ebook, wanted to give you all it in advance;Chocolate SorbetMakes 4 1/2 servings, per serving 152 caloriescombine 2/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa in saucepan. Stir in 2 cups water and bring to a boil,simmer 3 min. Stir in 1 tsp expresso powder and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Pour into a metal pan, cool..Freeze 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 30 min. Puree and freeze overnight. http://www.cakesbynikki.com -------------------Cadia

#12 ·
I don't like the "rice cream" nearly as much as real ice cream, but after 2 years of only eating ice cream once, and getting one of my worst attacks from it, the Rice Dream stuff was well, dreamy. I don't like to drink rice milk alone, and the rice milk based ice cream has an undertaste of rice milk. It's not as creamy either. But it's still good.While I have not tried them, I have heard good things about Tofutti products. Their homepage is http://www.tofutti.com/ and you can get a coupon to try the Tofutti Cuties for free.Another non-dairy note...and remember, this is just MY opinion... I recently tried Imagine brand rice milk-based chocolate pudding, and thought it was pretty gross...so much so that I threw away the rest of the container. I've got some mix for soy-based chocolate pudding that I haven't tried yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.