Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean terminal constipation.
I've had a defecography last year who show my puborectalis non-relaxed.
So now i have never heard of anybody cured by biofeedback so i'm thinking of Botox injection to relax this pelvic floor muscle.Alrigth,who is constipated in the sigmoid or lower belly/responding to multiples suppositories...?DO YOU HAVE IBS OR NON-RELAXING PUBORECTALIS?If you do digitation you may be have this muscle too tigth rigth???I'm just wondering how can a simple muscle in my ass could destroy my bowel regularity and creat such a RIDICULOUS constipation.Like i go many times everyday with RIDICULOUS amount.Perhaps i have both IBS and non-relaxing puborectalis.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Spas,when you say you go a ridicuouls amount does that mean very little or alot? my problem is without reglan it comes out very little at a time and even with watery d. I cant get it out. is that a symptom of the tight muscle thing you described? suppositoires never help me-

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Small poo most of the time.So even if you do small poo many times a day you CAN be constipated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes!!! I have the same problem as lorilou, poo comes out little. It's a struggle to get it all out and very painful when I can't get it out. Last night I only slept about 3 hours, pain was too much :-( Had to take MOM, but even with that it's a struggle to get the watery poo out. Is this a symptom of a pelvic floor muscle problem. If it is...Do I tell my GI doc to test me for that??? Need the info PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance.Blessings,Abi

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
yes, I have the same problem too--incomplete evacuation. I watch what I eat, eat healthy foods with fiber, probiotics, drink lots and lots of water, and yes, even take mom, and exercise and still (frequently, like several times a week) only a little poo comes out at a time. I might go three times a day but only a little bit comes out. sometimes I'm luckier and more comes out but I still feel imcomplete, like there's more inside and yes, it is very very uncomfortable and painful. the pain and discomfort keeps me up at night too. tried amitiza and it didn't help. zelnorm only works if I take it every three days or so. then it usually works great and I feel so much better. the drs say not to "worry" if it doesn't all come out. but it's not the not-coming-out per se that bothers me but the discomfort and pain that accompanies it. I feel like someone stuck a baseball bat up by butt!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everybody,I wish I had more positive things to say but all I can say for now is that I can totally understand what IBS-C sufferers have to endure. I myself have recently been diagnosed with IBS and all I got from my dr. was prescriptions (Miralax and Donnatal) which I have not started taking yet. I guess I would rather try more natural ways of fixing my problem. It's truly frustrating. You see about 3 years ago I became a vegetarian and as someone who had been sufffering with chronic constipation for sveral years switching to a vegan diet was a blessing (I mean going to the bathroom 3x day was awesome!!!). Then just last year I started having some marital difficulties, became very depressed and suddenly my C came back with full force. After months of suffering with C, bloating, gas, pain and incomplete evacuations (Annie you said it best with that baseball bat anology!)I finally wnet to see a GI Dr. who diagnosed me with IBS. He said little about my diet other than recommending Beano to prevent gas and the previously mentioned Rx. When he said come back in a month if meds don't work I knew that I do not want to experiement with different meds. and instead I searched on internet for help. Currently I'm taking soluble fiber supplement (Acacia) for about 3 weeks now and just in the last couple of days: NO PAIN!!! The C is getting better so I am feeling hopeful. Perhaps you want to check out ...com website from where I got some valuable info. While I'm willing to do almost anything to stop the discomfort of C I want to slowly add supplements and see what works, as we all know some supplements can be rather expensive in the long term...Anyways, I want to wish all of you the best and as soon as I find something helpful I'll be sure to share it with you all.

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
welcome to the board, Molly and thanks for the info--I'll check it out!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump for more pelvic floor dysfunctionners and maybe a suceesful treatment..0oO..OooooIs it generalize constipation or is it real this pelvic floor dysfunction?

·
Registered
184 Posts
On Monday Aug-7 and Wed. Aug-16 I will have this tests done:-Defecating proctogram -Colonic manometry -Anorectal manometry I guess I will find out then if I'm really IBS or have pelvic floor dysfunction. I will post my test results and go from there.Blessings,Abi

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,I've went back and forth and back and forth as to whether or not I have IBS or pelvic floor dysfunction. But I also noticed that I had a small bit of trouble swallowing. So then I decided it was a hormonal thing. Since the pancreas produces hormones I decided to try taking digestive enzymes. I'm also taking stress herbs. I'm not sure which one is helping yet, but I am going to the bathroom every morning for 4 days straight and they are not pellets. I was so desperate before because the stool would just sit at the end of my rectum and not come out! It was killing me.Does anyone have trouble swallowing? Or trouble swallowing pills? I first started having trouble swallowing pills and now intermittently I notice I have to gulp to get things to go down. Since I've started the enzymes my bloating has went way down too.Susie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.