Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi! I did a search on both google and that new sensis aussie search engine and it brought up absolutely nothing so my guess (and it's just a guess) would be that it is not

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks screamer.So disillusioned with the medical profession now that Im prepared to try ordering it without prescription from a website,but am scared of Mexico!Have ordered lotronex with a prescription before from a very reputable site, but cant face going to the doctor with another journal article and seeing the look on their face!Any ideas anyone?Gilly

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ugh. I know how you feel. I'd like to try Xanax after seeing how much it has helped many people on here but my GP wants me to try Effexor (anti depressant) before he'll even think about Xanax. I've had so many problems with anti deps that I'm just not willing to try it but in the mean time am just plodding along hoping that he might change his mind. I've been seeing him for 6 years so I know another doctor would probably think I'm some sort of drug addict if I just waltz in and ask for Xanax. No idea's for you but I hope you find some help

·
Registered
298 Posts
gilly, Xanax is very useful for short term anxiety & panic attacks. It can reduce the production of stomach acid caused by stress, & generally calms you down. It actually gives you a rest from yourself , but you must treat it as a holiday only as long term use of xanax can cause dependancy.Have you considered nutritional therapy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.