Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last we are getting somewhere I saw the graph posted by Spasman - thanks Spas can you post the link to see the whole slide show too?_
it provides evidence ive what i suspected that Flagyl was useless but i did find Augmenmtin better for Lg at least for the week I was on it - Can someone tell me about Rifaximin please - has anyone tried it any good at eliminating LG or IBS C ??? any side effects

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
You can access the slide show at my World congress post.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Rifaximin didn't get rid of my trapped gas but Cefuroxime was impressive.So everyone seems to prefer there own antibiotic.What was your improvements on Augmentin?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I'm positive,I will add to my signature my anodectal positive side effect from Cefuroxime(Pro-soft-D).

·
Registered
187 Posts
kimkim- my experience with rifaximin was that there was still the same amount of LG but the smell was not as strong as usual so it does help with smell, but not the quantity. It may affect you differently but you should definately give it a shot! What do you have to lose but LG!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mandabell25, since my last post I have already been to the doctor to try to get some rifaximin he told me it was not on his list of registered drugs at least in this country and he would not give it to me...depressing but I feel better having read your post because it sounds like it wouldnt have worked anyway..he couldnt wait to get me out of his office must have been LG again but he doesnt help...this is really getting me down..what country are you in? I bring it on myself by eating a lot of protein this week maybe...blb the reason you get LG when you sit down to eat is because even the smell and sight of food when you are hungry make stomach start moving people with ostomy have same reaction and once the stomach starts moving like you are hungry it wakes up the Lg just like when you are nervous- I guess this is evidence the charcoal is working for you if you did not take it this morning? The worst time for LG is when you ar enervous when you a re hungry or just about to eat or just after eating

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am in the U.S. where are you kimkim? I know how you feel I get depressed too & I feel like LG is something I will have for the rest of my life!
I try not to get my hopes up but I think one day someone will come up with something to get rid of LG.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re rifaximin:I was in a study group in Los Angeles - tested for bacterial overgrowth and Rifaximin. After the study I found out that I was on a placebo for Riaximin but did show overgrowth (related to IBS).Rifaximin was approved recently for traveler's diarhea (sp). My doctor prescibed it on that basis (not the doctor who conducted the test) so I was given a prescription for 3 pills per day for 3 days.The result was remarkable - truly a miracle drug. All IBS symptoms disappeared.However, after about two months the symptoms reappeared. I later discovered that the dosage for IBS is 3 pills a day for 10 days (not 3). I am out of the country and look forward to receiving a new, proper prescription.Again, Rifaximin is available. Just make sure you get the 30 pills dosage (10 days) not 9 pills (3 days).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.