Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and this is my 1st post.I been suffering for almost 3 years and this IBS problem have cause me to lose my job and confident which also lead to me suffering from anxiety disorder.Last year got assign to see a psychiatrist, after going though 1 year of counseling things did get better but there's still 1 thing I'm still unable to overcome.The problem now is every time I have diarrhea, the lower right and lower left abdominal will start to feel very comfortable (pain) causing my anxiety level to rise which tend to make the feeling more worse.There are even time when I don't have any diarrhea the discomfort or pain will suddenly appear and usually last for 20hr before fading away. Sometime I really don't know how to differential between the diarrhea cause by IBS or diarrhea cause by infection. Did anyone have the same encounter like me and manage to overcome it?I'm really eager to overcome this problem as I want to start going back to work supporting myself and not relied on my parent.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS causes pain and often when the pain shows up there are also other symptoms at the same time.Usually for me the difference between IBS diarrhea and infection is how long it lasts and how watery it is.A few bouts of loose stools on any given day is IBS. May be restricted to a small part of the day.Watery diarrhea every 20-60 minutes for 12 hours to about a week is an infection and I usually have additional symptoms like fever or nausea/vomiting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.