Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pain on the right waist waist line running around the back at the waist....gallblder is out..i have severe ibs and this am had a bad bout feel like i have the flu but no fever

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You could have bumped up the thread you already started with this question here..http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry784130Still have the same answer. Only thing on the right at waist level pretty much is the colon on the side. Appendix is way below the waist. Gall bladder way above.Colon is right there and with IBS you can get colon pain in any inch of the entire colon that runs up and down both sides from ribs to pelvis and across the top just under the stomach.And you can pull a muscle over there or have muscle pain from fibromyalgia there.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not know are not allowed to post the same thing on different forums..i just thought someone may visit the pain site and not ibs or diarreha>>sorry>> how do you bump a post? not computer savy!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It does help to have all the conversation about one topic with one person in one place so we can see what other people said.You reply to your own thread and it will go right up to the top of the page. That is what is called "bumping your thread" and it is a way to get more responses to the same question without having to start a new thread everytime you think you want another answer to the same question.Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my posts as they never seem to notice what I already wrote to them about that in any of the other threads and just keep starting new ones every time I reply.
I mean I could go do something else if you don't want my input. :)Usually if someone just wants their thread to get back to the top because it hasn't gotten enough answers they will just type the word "bump" in their reply without making any other commentary. If you click your own name you can get to your profile and see what threads you already started.I just find it easier to help people when all the conversation about any one problem is all one place. but some people think that is completely wrong and stupid. However if I don't know what other people said on other threads sometimes people can get confused because different people say different things in different places and when we all talk together we can work through those differences but it gets hard to do that on 2 or more threads on 2 or more parts of the board. We usually ask people to keep it all in one place rather than start multiple threads and if you feel a thread is in the wrong forum you can ask us to move it.I'm sorry if it is upsetting to link to the other answer I posted rather than just saying the exact same thing again. I'll just leave you alone if I upset you too much. Just let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been diagnosed with IBS today. I am quite worried about my health. I am getting this pain around my waist that stretches right to my back. The pain comes off & on and it is affecting my job. Can someone help me to know how to relieve this pain?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Robert Welcome...Here is one link with some info about Relaxation techniques:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/relaxatio...chnique/SR00007Also you might want to put "Guided Relaxation" etc into your favorite search engine or try searching YouTube for one so you can see it in action as well as read about it in that link. I also find using heat: as in a heating pad or also now available, heat patches, help ease my pain. The heat patches I found in a drug store or pharmacy and even iin the food stores here. They are great because you can go about your regualr schedule wearing one and no one knows you have it on even and they last for hours! They are usually marketed for bad backs or sore muscles but I find they can help my ab pain.Hope you feel better.ETA: Also Robert here is some more info about Relaxation Exercises by our own Dr. Bolen:Just click here to read it:http://www.ibsgroup.org/node/516

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks BQ for the advice. I bought a heat pad the other day and use it most of the night while on the bed. It sure does help and I am feeling a bit better now. I am still searching for the right exercise to do. I don't think the pain is due to stress but rather my eating habit that causes it. Thanks anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.