Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wondering if anyone else has had this type of pain. When my intestines are moving stool through there is a section which is right in the pelvic area, right in the middle (like right maybe at the top of where pubic hair would be) I get this horrible ripping sensation. Like trying to squeeze something into something that doesn't stretch that far. It only lasts about 10 seconds as if something moved across an area where it stretched. It takes my breath away and I immediately break into a sweat. It burns and just feels like stretching and like something is going to rip open. Just in this one area where stool passes. It happens more when I have formed stools with loose stool behind it. This stretching pain is not at the anus or anything, it is in the abdomen in the pelvic area.My IBS I would say is mixed..I can sometimes not go for 4 days or I'll go but will only be small amounts that feel incomplete, then suddenly I feel all full, abdomen feels warm and bloated and I'll have those urgent diarrhea cramps and will be running to the bathroom with diarrhea that may last about 2 days like I was right full or something. anyways just wondering if anyone has pain like that ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sometimes get this feeling not in the middle of my pelvic area but a little to the right. I feels like my bowel is twisted or something and to tight for anything to pass. Very Very painful I sometimes feel like I could pass out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I sometimes get a dull persistent ache in the area you describe. But as I am far as I am away, in the abdomen, just above the pubic hair line, is only small intensine, not the colon..... Could this be reflective of something like SIBO?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sometimes get a dull persistent ache in the area you describe. But as I am far as I am away, in the abdomen, just above the pubic hair line, is only small intensine, not the colon..... Could this be reflective of something like SIBO?
I don't have problem with gas at all, so I didn't think it could be SIBO.. I am wondering if it is the valve that is between the small and large intestine ?? I also had abdominal hysterectom around 5 years ago and this is the area my surgical incision was too so maybe scar tissue. I don't know and doctors don't know...so frustrating

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
With abdominal surgery in your history having adhesions or scar tissue is a possibility (but hard to tell from the pain sensation between that and "just IBS" pain).Unfortunately it can be hard to tell if it is from scar tissue (why the doctors can't tell you for sure) and doing more surgery to try to correct one scar often causes other ones, so that can be problematic and why they don't immediately just go in and try to cut some more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts