Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rose, long time since I have seen you how is it going with the zelnorm?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Eric,Thanks for thinking of me. Well, I have stuck it out through the clinical trials. I have 9 days to go and the trial is over, with the exception of then having to go 4 weeks with taking absolutely nothing for the "C" except fiber. That should be fun! ugh!I definitely got the real thing and not a placebo, because it definitely promotes bowel movements. However, in my case it is definitely not the magic bullet I was hoping for, because it does nothing for the bloat and gas. Since beginning the study, I have found out that each Zelnorm tablet is 38% lactose and anybody who is lactose intolerant should not take it. I am not totally intolerant of lactose, but I definitely have a problem with it, which is why I think I still feel verrrrry bloated and gassy. Of course, I have no idea what dosage I am on and will probably never find out. Maybe a lower dosage would be better. Anyway that's my story.Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Eric,Thanks for thinking of me. Well, I have stuck it out through the clinical trials. I have 9 days to go and the trial is over, with the exception of then having to go 4 weeks with taking absolutely nothing for the "C" except fiber. That should be fun! ugh!I definitely got the real thing and not a placebo, because it definitely promotes bowel movements. However, in my case it is definitely not the magic bullet I was hoping for, because it does nothing for the bloat and gas. Since beginning the study, I have found out that each Zelnorm tablet is 38% lactose and anybody who is lactose intolerant should not take it. I am not totally intolerant of lactose, but I definitely have a problem with it, which is why I think I still feel verrrrry bloated and gassy. Of course, I have no idea what dosage I am on and will probably never find out. Maybe a lower dosage would be better. Anyway that's my story.Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rose, thanks for lettting me know whats up. In a bit here lets talk.
Sorry it not working quite as well as you had hoped.Have you waited on doing the program?I am surprized there is enough lactose in them to deplete your enzyme supply.Maybe there will be some good carry over in the four weeks and you'll be okay. I hope so.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rose, thanks for lettting me know whats up. In a bit here lets talk.
Sorry it not working quite as well as you had hoped.Have you waited on doing the program?I am surprized there is enough lactose in them to deplete your enzyme supply.Maybe there will be some good carry over in the four weeks and you'll be okay. I hope so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts