Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've had IBS for about 3 years. I'm only 16 and school is a real headache. My main problem is varyation in the routine. I mostly go in the morning so I can't go on a bus, so my mum takes me to school. Usually after lunch I'm fine, I experience no pain or discomfort just the urge.I use immodium to block me up for the rest of the day after I've been in the morning and benifibre to help keep me flowing. The only problem being that some days I'll go three times, after each time feeling that I can't go anymore and some days go only once. It's a real nightmare as my friends don't understand and going in school is problematic enough!Owen

·
Registered
442 Posts
Have you been tested for IBS? (baryum test, colonoscopie,...etc.)You said you have no pain.One of the criteria for IBS *IS* pain or disconfort.You may only have functional D from other causes (bacteria, etc..)------ Bye. Have a nice day. Hope you will find help

·
Registered
442 Posts
Have you been tested for IBS? (baryum test, colonoscopie,...etc.)You said you have no pain.One of the criteria for IBS *IS* pain or disconfort.You may only have functional D from other causes (bacteria, etc..)------ Bye. Have a nice day. Hope you will find help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they said it was the only explaition at the time. I did have all the tests. I'm not sureif it is IBS myself...I'd like to find out more about the bacteria thing though.Owen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they said it was the only explaition at the time. I did have all the tests. I'm not sureif it is IBS myself...I'd like to find out more about the bacteria thing though.Owen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All they could think it was was IBS. I had all the tests inc baryum enema thingy and they couldn't find anything. I'm intrigued about the bacteria, can you tell me anymore?Owen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All they could think it was was IBS. I had all the tests inc baryum enema thingy and they couldn't find anything. I'm intrigued about the bacteria, can you tell me anymore?Owen

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Certain GI infections can cause IBS-like symptoms.They can check the stool for pathogenic bacteria and parasites.Functional diarrhea would be diarrhea in the absence of a bacterial or parasitic infection, or other organic disease process that causes diarrhea.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Certain GI infections can cause IBS-like symptoms.They can check the stool for pathogenic bacteria and parasites.Functional diarrhea would be diarrhea in the absence of a bacterial or parasitic infection, or other organic disease process that causes diarrhea.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-29-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.