Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been on holiday for a few days and I've probably indulged on food. Now I'm sick. This morning I've discovered a rash mainly on my abdomen but also on neck, chest, arms and legs. It started about 10 minutes after breakfast. It's the third time that it happens to me. Last time was connected with some Indian food and it went away in 2/3 days. My IBS is worse then ever I feel sick and I smell horribly. It may be hard to believe but I don't know where the smell comes from. I've not had any bowel movement since yesterday.Is rash normal in IBS? Marta[This message has been edited by marta (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do you mean rash rather than rush?Rashes are not a typical symptom of IBS but could be an allergy and often when another problem crops up (like an allergy) that may trigger IBS as well (being sick is a physical stressor and physical stress can trigger IBS just like emotional stress can). Food allergies can cause GI symptoms, in addition.You should go to the doctor about this, they may want to do some testing. Since it sounds like it fades away it may be worth having some photos to take with you in case your OK when the appt. is.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do you mean rash rather than rush?Rashes are not a typical symptom of IBS but could be an allergy and often when another problem crops up (like an allergy) that may trigger IBS as well (being sick is a physical stressor and physical stress can trigger IBS just like emotional stress can). Food allergies can cause GI symptoms, in addition.You should go to the doctor about this, they may want to do some testing. Since it sounds like it fades away it may be worth having some photos to take with you in case your OK when the appt. is.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html[This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 08-09-2001).]

G

·
I used to get rashes terribly on my abdomen. Turned out I had Lupus. Sorry for the disturbing news, but I would call the doctor and make and appointment. As far as the smell, its the curry coming out through your skin probably.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !

G

·
I used to get rashes terribly on my abdomen. Turned out I had Lupus. Sorry for the disturbing news, but I would call the doctor and make and appointment. As far as the smell, its the curry coming out through your skin probably.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, it's my third time now so yes I've been checked for LES and some other autoimmune diseases but the doctor didn't find anything. I'm abroad now so I'll see him as soon as I come back home, I've pictures of my abdomen to show. I feel much better now. Marta

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, it's my third time now so yes I've been checked for LES and some other autoimmune diseases but the doctor didn't find anything. I'm abroad now so I'll see him as soon as I come back home, I've pictures of my abdomen to show. I feel much better now. Marta

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.