Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have tried this new DA/IBS....don't get your hopes up too much. I have been on it for one week...the first two days were great...I have found that I do need 2 pills...although even today I took 2 and have still had the big D. I don't know why...but my stomach feels strange...but I do know that I think do work to an point...but today has not been good for me. I am going to continue taking them anyway...just to see what happens. I hope nobody else gives up but keep on trying this new med. I would like to hear from anyone else that has taken this and what their outcome has been. Lord I hope it will work for some people. I dare say that I didn't get my hopes up too much on this...but I won't give up quite yet. Good luck to all of you. Kat

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
KatI don't know much about DA except knowing some people here are having success. But I just want to encourage you to not think that this setback means it won't work for you. Most people have setbacks regardless of the treatment they find. So try to think of it as a temp problem. And even people without IBS get sick at times too!nancy

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, actually I eat good foods...and this morning I was going to the bathroom even before I ate anything at all. I am not saying that this product is the cause of my upset...but what I mean is that I was just sort of dissapointed in that I am having symptoms and still taking the med. I intend on keep taking it because I know that my period is also coming in a week and I always get "sick" before it happens...and this is usually the case for me. I hope that DA will continue the way it did at first. As I said before the first 2 days were great..then one not so good day...then 2 more great days...then today...so I really can't tell yet...I will keep on taking it and hope for the best...Luck to all. Kat

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
what type of ibs you have?It's normal to be disappoint,the chance are extremly low that something work.With my experience on product i will say that1 in 150 products help.DA is coming and you will know...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hang in there, kittykat!The first time I tried DA-IBS, I got relief, but then I hit a string of holiday parties where I made bad food choices, drank too much and stayed out late - so I kinda negated the effects of the DA-IBS, so I stopped taking it.The second time I tried it, I watched what I ate and drank a little better, and went back on my Atkins diet. It has been working really well ever since. Now, I can have small indiscretions with risky foods and alcohol and the DA-IBS keeps working just fine.Of course, what works for some, doesn't work for others. But I hope that you try to stick it out and that it starts working as well for you as it does for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello All,Everyday I worried about what my gut was going to do next. Since I started taking Triphala and Digestive Advantage IBS I found them both to offer relief to my IBS. I tried Triphala first and did feel some improvement to my gut. After taking Digestive Advantage IBS my IBS has really calmed itself down. Almost to where I feel whole again (where I dont have to worry at all, what my gut is going to do after eating a meal). Which hasnt been that way for a while. ---IBSsuffer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, I finally started taking a calcium supplement. (Just generic 500mg caplets - 1 a day), and it's only been a few days (three exactly) and I'm diarrhea-free, so far, but feeling very constipated...which is kind of a nice change...just wondering if anyone else has had this effect, or if it will last? Please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, today I about feel the same...not quite as bad..but the same feeling of a bug in my stomach is still there. Not a good feeling I might add. I am hungry but don't really feel like eating. I went ahead and took the DA this morning as usual so maybe in a day or two I will feel "normal" again. I am hhoping this is just my "sickness" before my period...I feel quite certain it is. It always happens. Anyway hope everyone has a wonderful day. And as I said before continue to check in and tell us all your results with the DA/IBS. Kat

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
KttiyKat, a week is not long enough really. Give it sometime, maybe even three weeks to a month or maybe even longer.Also, hormones can certainly be a problem as a trigger.Dro, you can call them perhaps?216 896 0705Fax: 216 896 0744

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hang in there. I reordered DA/IBS last week as I didn't want to run out of it, and it arrived with a letter with more information. I'll quote here:"Please give Digestive Advantage IBS at least 10 days to fully appreciate the benefits of this product."This seems sound advice to me, particularly when trying to repopulate the gut with good bacteria.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all so much for the encouraging words and advice. It really helps to know other people care are concerned for you. I am feeling so much better today and my stomach seems to be back to "normal"...knock on wood. I am still taking the pills and I do take two a day..later I will try one a day...but I don't want to take any chances since my period is only a week away. I will let you all know of my progress and hope to have good news to report that this DA/IBS really does work..Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Love to all. Kat

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd have to agree with LDanna, and the product instructions in that it probably will take a few days to start working for some people.I was lucky in that it started working the very first day I took it. I've found now that I cannot skip a day without my symptoms returning to some degree.And on the rare occasion that, after one dose, I've felt symptoms later in the day, a second dose stops them almost instantly.I really hope this product works for you. It has literally changed my life - for the better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.