Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can be fine for months and then I will get excess wind and pain and excruitating pain before a bowel movement always left side into back - sharp stabbing pains.last week after months of being fine I went on holiday and ate alot of salad and veggies with my meals out plus change of diet generally as eating out all day long and after 5 days I am back to sharp stabbing pains on left side into back before bowel movements and terrible wind and pressure feeling under ribs on left side.I have now gone back to my normal diet and cut out veggies and fruit and salad but I know from experience it can take months to settle down again.I am also very stressed as I am due to have breast screening this week and am terrified so assume the stress has something to do with it as well.Can anyone relate.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Stress never helps.Many IBSers have problems with raw veggies and do better sticking to cooked ones, and some people need to stick to low fructose fruits and veggies or avoid ones with sugar alcohols or raffinose (what makes beans gassy).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.