Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Sometimes eating a salad after a meal and not before like Europeans do it is better for digestion then a salad rich in fiber on an empty stomach. Also the type of greens maybe an issue, like iceberg verses leaf or baby greens for example. Also spinach salads also maybe an issue for some because of the high iron content in it.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Sometimes eating a salad after a meal and not before like Europeans do it is better for digestion then a salad rich in fiber on an empty stomach. Also the type of greens maybe an issue, like iceberg verses leaf or baby greens for example. Also spinach salads also maybe an issue for some because of the high iron content in it.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
kaylis, brought up an excellent point here I had forgotten, the dressing, which usally consists of fats and fats can be major triggers for a lot of IBSers.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
kaylis, brought up an excellent point here I had forgotten, the dressing, which usally consists of fats and fats can be major triggers for a lot of IBSers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Although salads are healthy they have:tomatoes (citric acid)lettuce (Roughage)dressing (oily)I only eat salads when I am feeling great otherwise they can set my stomach off. Any foods that are hard to digest (cabagge, califlower, lettuce ect.) easily set my stomach off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Although salads are healthy they have:tomatoes (citric acid)lettuce (Roughage)dressing (oily)I only eat salads when I am feeling great otherwise they can set my stomach off. Any foods that are hard to digest (cabagge, califlower, lettuce ect.) easily set my stomach off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.