Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to a new doctor yesterday and he's great! He said he didn't just want to leave me with the diagnoses I have. (Fibro/CFS) He said he wants to try to find out why I have them. He sent me for so much blood work!! EBV titers, CMV titers, DHEA/Cortisol/Progesterone, Ig6, A, M to Candida, Coxsackie B virul antibody titers, Blood type, and B12 level. He also told me to think about doing the hair analysis (which is an Elemental Analysis of chronic toxic exposure and nutrient deficiencies) and a Parasitology profile (stool analysis). He was nice, understanding, and very very helpful. They took over 10 vials of blood (I stopped counting at 10 LOL) and although I almost passed out, shortly after I was ok again. If anyone lives near my area, I would highly reccomend this doctor. Sadly, he is not taking new patients. The only way I got in was because I had a referral. I just had to share, it was a wonderful appointment, and he's working very hard to try to find out how to help me.
(I go back in 3 weeks for a recheck)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hi Mrsmason, that's great! Let us know what he finds out, and keep us in touch with your treatment. Not too sure about the hair element test, as I have heard mixed revues on that - mostly that they are not that accurate. I believe the argument was that the hair does not have living cells, and that sometimes it is only what the hair has come in contact with that shows up (like what was in the shampoo or conditioner you used, residue on your fingers when you touched your hair, etc.), and does not reflect toxins that are in your body. Does he specialize in fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue? The other tests certainly sound like they are geared toward checking out possibilities of things that can factor into these illnesses and I'd be very interested in finding out about those myself.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Yes M, he is a GP but specializes in treating fibro/CFS patients. I also have thought the same thing about the hair analysis, but it isn't very expensive, so I figure it can't hurt anything. So, I think I might go ahead. I will definitely let you know of any connections we find, and any effective treatment we find also. I was referred to him by a neurologist, and she told me he is the "Best doctor around for fibro/CFS". Guess we'll see

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
FANTASTIC!
Whether it all results in new management or treatment is sort of by the by when you have found such a thorough doctor who takes CFS patients seriously (although I do hope he can do something more for you). Did he make any comments about the hypotension?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I am also really excited about it, and I feel like no matter what (even if he doesn't find anything to treat) at least I feel "justified". About the NMH: He mentioned that he thought I was on an awfully low dose of beta blocker (25mg of Toprol XL) but that was it. He said it could a simple case of "the straw that broke the camel's back" - when you get enough "simple" things happening, your body can't cope with them all at once. May or may not be true in my case, but he's holding out hope at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts