Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice round weenie dog ( don't tell her I called her that) anyway, she always seems to know when I'm havin a bad one. She'll sit with me in the bathroom lookin at me with those big brown eyes, next thing you know I'm tellin her all about it. I guess it helps me take my mind off of the pain, & makes me feel better to voice my thoughts. First time she hears a noise she's outta there! My dog runs from her own f*rts. It very funny to see, she whips her head around to her behind & then runs like heck
Well anyone just thought I'd write a light hearted post, seem like many of you are having a rough time out there. I have been D & mostly free for 2 wks now, problem is I'm eatin like I got a worm & starting to fleshen up a bit. Warm wishes to all.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have a weaner named Trixie, she is the same way. If I am in bed sick, she is right there with me and won't move until I do. Sometimes she even has to be carried outside just to get her to do her business. Oh - yes I do talk to her.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not only do I talk to my dog; she talks back! When I come home, she says, "Harroo!" and she'll say my name for a dog biscuit. I swear she understands everything I say. I can tell her, in a conversational tone, "If you want to go with me, go out to the car," and she'll run out to the garage and stand by the car door and wait to be let in.

G

·
lucky,Yup, I talk to my dog. It is good theraphy.My lil beagle, is a smart dog. I have to keep her tied since she is a hunting dog and once she gets on the trail of a rabbit or cat, nothing stops her. But anyway she will get her rope wound around things and knows how to get unwound. Don't get it right every time but lots of times she does. She is a house dog so not tied out that much.She is a real sweetie ------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GODOH by the way Charlie, those are cuties....thanx for sharing[This message has been edited by Joyce (edited 02-19-2000).]

G

·
i have a Bengal cat and he does most of the talking. his litter box is in the bathroom and when i have to "dukey" he does his too and then wonders why it takes me sooooooo long to finish. he keeps coming in and trying to get me to follow him out. when i'm having stomach pains, he always wants to "patty cake" on my stomach. he thinks if i pet HIM it'll make ME feel better.

G

·
Your not alone, when I get up in the middle of the night with a bad one my Cat - Tasha comes and jumps up on me and cuddles. Then comes my dog - Minnie Mouse. They will both cuddle up by my side. They always seemed to know when their masters are in pain.I take my dog to work just to talk to her and she doesn't leave my side even when I get up.Pets are sometimes a better companions than our spouses because they won't leave and seem to show more sympathy.Chat later------------------Anna

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I talk to my animals all the time. My two dogs and 4 cats and they talk back to me too. My older dog (who is blind) still gets excited when I say let's go for a "car ride". He starts going in circles. On the days when I'm not feeling well, they seem to be more quiet and look sad.My younger dog Daisy (german shepherd) is so smart. Whenever Rex (blind dog) starts to wander I send Daisy out to find him, I just say "where's Rex?"I think they understand a lot. I love all my pets.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charlie your pups are precious....My Molly dog is 13 & a little grumpy, but when I'm sick she has so much compassion I can just hear her say, "I.m sorry, here let me lick your feet & make it better".To all of you I love readind about your "best pat friend".

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Yes Bear, Sam and Rocky are my best buds. I talk to them and Rocky is the one who talks back the other two do not. I tuck them in there beds at night and give them a kiss.They are always with me at home and looking after me. They know when I am sick and they stay right buy me a take care of me.Linda

·
Registered
779 Posts
I love talking to my dog too. I have a cocker spaniel named Chanel. She is so sweet and loves it when I'm sick and have to stay in bed because she gets to stay there with me all day if I have to. My husband always ask me if I think she really understands me when I talk to her and I think she does, she cocks her head from side to side at the sound of my voice it's so cute to watch her.And by the way Lucky, Chanel runs at the sound of her own fart too, she turns around real quick, barks and runs in the other direction, it is so funny to watch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I definately believe our pets understand us, my molly is quiet & patient if she knows I'm sick, otherwise she can drive me crazy wanting our or wanting food.

G

·
I talk to my dog all the time. He loves being scratched behind his ears. We have at least one thing in common though, sometimes his gas smells worse than mine, and I'm the one with IBS

G

·
My dog and 2 cats think that they are my nurses when I'm not feeling well. All 4 of us end up lying on the bed together. Talk to my animals? You bet, who doesn't?Christine
Smile, It makes people wonder what you have been up to!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have two budgies and I talk to them all the time and boy, do they talk back! Life would be pretty boring without our pets!
Mio

1 - 20 of 23 Posts