Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago I had a little pain on my lower right side. I have had this many times before. Yesterday at 11 a.m. I felt a twinge and it came intermittently during the day. I checked the appendicitis websites and did every test, no rebound pain, my temperature on awakening is 97.4, I stood on my heels and bounced down, no pain, jumped, did all the other tests of flexing my legs, rotating. Everything negative. I ate VERY wrongly 2 days ago, a lot of starch and heavy Italian food and have diarrhea. If it were appendicitis, wouldn't I be having steady pain by now? I live alone and have nobody really to count on, no family to take me to the emergency room and am petrified of going through anything in a hospital alone. Every time I think this pain is gone and get a twinge, I get panicky. It's in the same spot but I posted a few days ago and it was lower. Now it's about 2" below my navel and to the right. It does not hurt if I press it or release, just does not sound like appendicitis. I have an appetite and am not nauseous. Does anyone else get this, just flashes of a dull pain for a few seconds, then it stops and starts again? This is so scary.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Appendicitis usually isn't "twingy" in description. No rebound pain is also a good sign.Getting all panicky about IBS pain (and it can occur on the lower right) will make it worse, especially going to the "OMG I don't want to ___fill in what you fear____" type of thoughts.IBS requires pain to get a diagnosis (or discomforts like bloating and urgency as some people don't have things they would call pain). It is the most common cause of abdominal pain. How much pain and how often really varies, but you really would have a hard time coming up with any description of pain that isn't found in IBSers. From dull to sharp, constant to occasional, every quadrant of the abdomen is all seen in IBS).

·
Registered
311 Posts
low basil temp is a sign of hypothyroidism.............& remember what would b a temp for most, is raging for the hypothyroid person..........when i was young, i would get these really serious infections & my mother would b so scared cause i didn't seem to run a temp...........but i've been hypothyroid all my life, so if i ran a temp of 98.6, that was running a temperature for me...........having pain anywhere when ur thyroid is not up to par, can mean anything...........it could only b lowered blood flow to any organ & it could b straining to do what it needs to do.........i know b 4 i got thyroid supplementation, i had chronic back pain, which turned out to b kidney issues...........the thyroid hormones effect many things..........& regular labwork doesn't show it...........u have to get the free T3 & free T4, plus rT3 tested...........TSH is not accurate at all............also, if there is thyroid issues, then the adrenals r effected, too.............there r many website dedicated to this subject..............check them out...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could actually be experiencing muscle pain. Maybe you pulled something. That would make sense with the twinges you keep feeling.It could be that it's completely unrelated to your diarrhea which is probably caused by the Italian food you stuffed yourself with.All that cheese, rich sauce etc. is bound to give anyone with a sensitive stomach the poopypoops.

·
Registered
253 Posts
...Could be gas on the right side. Your series of self-tests make app. seem less likely with each passing day. I get pain on the left and right, on and off, sometimes I know it is one of my diverticuli upset about a seed, other times it is a spasm but often it is gas because I did NOT watch what I ate. . . You may want to try some Gas-X and see if it goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.