Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS and Anxiety for years now but didn't know about IBS until recently. Every now and then I would have an attack but would be fine the next day. About 2 months ago I had a bad IBS and Anxiety attack at the same time. It really freaked me out. I was kind of scared and stressed about it. After a week or so I blew it off then it happened again. This time I was really freaked and saw my doc. He gave me 12.5ml Paxil CR and told me that i have IBS cus of anxiety. I am scared to take pills so I havent taken the Paxil yet but I am trying to everyday. Sunday night I had another bad IBS/Anxiety attack. I got super anxious on the toilet and it made my tummy pain and bm hurt. Since then I have been on edge about it happening again. I have not been eatting well (1 can of chicken noodle soup, 5 bites of oatmeal, crackers, and some toast. I started taking 1 table spoon of benifiber and a vitemin B complex every morning.) It is now Wednesday morning and I am having a scary time. I have panic feelings about every hour with really bad tummy pains. I just had my first BM since sunday night and it is freaking my out because its yellow, smelling, and almost pure liquid. As of right now I am scared to eat any kind of food for fear of having a panic-BM. Is there any type of food that would not cause an ibs attack? please info.Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is there any type of food that would not cause an ibs attack? NO. The food is not the cause of the problem. I suggest you try taking the paxil unless you want to continue to feel this bad. Also just because you need to take the paxil right now doesn't mean you'll have to take it forever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.