Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mmmmmm! I've been googling gall bladder surgery (not the best idea).All i seem to be finding is everybody in the world with post-op problems....tons of them.It is certainly making me think twice. I've been fairly stable since december and i'm back to more than my normal weight.I've got to admit i'm a worried riddick. Will my gamble to have surgery pay dividends or put me in an even worse place. A friend of mine who is a Dr is trying to reassure me that it is a minority who have problems.. . . but boy oh boy do they have problems!Not sure what to do at all now.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
People who have problems are much more likely to write up their horror story than someone that had no problems and everything went well.The problem is you never know ahead of time, but I think the worst I've seen is 10-20% end up with diarrhea afterward and most of them can control it by limiting fat in the diet.However there are always everyone from everything that have a really bad time. Including those who do nothing and end up in a bad state because they refuse all treatment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ,would get a 2nd opinion if I were yo. I have a close friend who is sorry they had the surgery. I know everyone is different but it can't hurt to get a second opinion. I would also try a Naturopatic Dr. But make sure they are a Dr of naturopath because anyone can claim to be a Naturopath and there is a huge difference like years of university. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions it's your body!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I know many people who have had their GB's out and none had ANY problems... except for me.... Just call me "Lucky". LOL :(Riddick try real hard to stay away from fueling any fear by looking things up on the internet. Okay??? I would have thought you would know better than that since you say you work in the medical field??? Back awaaaaaay from the computer.... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.