Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the worst ibs attack of my life and to think.. it was over a pizza. It had been a while since my last meal and my girlfriend insisted we make a pizza from scratch. The dough was all messed up and we both kept getting aggrivated with it. I started getting an attack so I left the room and started sucking on some altoids. To my dispair the attack wouldn't go away, it felt like my intestines were throwin' an end of the world party. After I was all calmed down I just started eating some grahm crackers.. Instantly the same scary flair up happened again. This just proves that lack of sleep and too much time inbetween meals is definitly horrible for ibs... sorry for the ranting I hope i recover by tomorrow... awww the wonders of life with ibs :)

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Snicker post:This just proves that lack of sleep and too much time inbetween meals is definitly horrible for ibs..._____________________________________________The whole food timing is so vey very important. I know that if I allow my self to go too long with out food that bad things happen and it might even be a couple of days before things come back into blance.Since I have people in my family who are diabeticseating and timing and consciousness for the whole things is one of those high prioroty issueson a day by day basis.I have found that handling my need for regular intervals of food in much the same way a diabetic will handle their need for timing and food, that my whole dynamic with my internal conditions feels more even and less prone to uncomfortable extremes.That does not mean that I am symptom free (at least not yet) it means that my bad effects are better than they are worse and that my ability to bring a tilt in the system back into balance is becoming a bit easier.It's a day by day step by step process in creating a new lifestyle dynamic.KamieP.S.Lack of sleep also contributes for me too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just recently i got diagnozed as having IBS. i didn't know that pizza could also trigger bloatedness and constipation. i learned it too late, last saturday i was out bowling with a friend when we thought of eating pizza. and there my stomach just popped as if i'm pregnant! it is so humiliating especially if you're not prepared... i really don't know what to eat anymore!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts