Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tryed this diet? Does this make sense. The diet is from the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes ,I have tried the Specific carbohydrate diet. I did notice a tiny improvement with my IBS D, But the diet was almost imposssible to follow. It was very hard to eliminate almost all starches and dairy from my diet. Meal preparations were also extemely time consuming. Overall, it wasn't worth it for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes ,I have tried the Specific carbohydrate diet. I did notice a tiny improvement with my IBS D, But the diet was almost imposssible to follow. It was very hard to eliminate almost all starches and dairy from my diet. Meal preparations were also extemely time consuming. Overall, it wasn't worth it for me.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Just bought the book & tried some of the recipes. Can't really tell if it's working yet as I have Ulcerative colitis & am taking tradtional medications. I have seen a great improvement in my symptoms but this may be due to steroids. I'll need to keep on the diet for at least a month to see if it works, not just a week or so. Found the mashed veg such as cauliflower very digestible in fact I now put all my cooked veggies in a food processor. I'll report back when the steroids finish in about 2 weeks.This is a strict eating plan but if you eat meat & chicken (I only eat fish & have started organic chicken agagain for variety)it's not too bad. I've had to cut out dairy & wheat since June due to intolerances anyway.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Just bought the book & tried some of the recipes. Can't really tell if it's working yet as I have Ulcerative colitis & am taking tradtional medications. I have seen a great improvement in my symptoms but this may be due to steroids. I'll need to keep on the diet for at least a month to see if it works, not just a week or so. Found the mashed veg such as cauliflower very digestible in fact I now put all my cooked veggies in a food processor. I'll report back when the steroids finish in about 2 weeks.This is a strict eating plan but if you eat meat & chicken (I only eat fish & have started organic chicken agagain for variety)it's not too bad. I've had to cut out dairy & wheat since June due to intolerances anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.