Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is already on here somewhere but there is a drug trail which you might be interested in if you live in scotland (or possibly elsewhere in uk if you can commute. It is also a paid drugtrail so it should cover costs of entering, maybe more I am not sure how much they pay.I have heard lots about it but sadly its for IBS-C and as my name suggests I suffer from IBS-D so no use for me.I couldn't find out as much as I liked on the internet about it but I believe this is the link http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01149200But I can't guarentee thats the right link as it is always mentioned when i dont have my phone or a pen handy to take down the email address or telephone number. More details are available over the radio if you keep your ears open.Even though its no use to me please tell me how things go if you enter the trial.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got a bit excited by this, as I've also seen it advertised in my local newspaper (though not sure why, as I don't live in Scotland). However, then I saw that women must be either post-menopausal or unable to bear children to be eligible. Also body weight must be at least 45kg, which I don't reach unfortunately. Ah well. Interesting to know what the drug actually is though?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts