Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an appointment with an allergist (in a month) and I asked about allergy blood testing. The secretary said they don't do that, they do scratch tests. Does anyone know if these are effective, and if they will pick up the so called "sensitivities" that I've read about LEAP being able to diagnose?I am IBS-C so I don't even know if this is worthwhile, but thought it was worth a shot. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot Artspirit and bluesclues, I will definitely be aware that this will not be 100% accurate and they may miss some "sensitivities". It doesn't sound too fun, but I'll try anything!

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for responding.Mike, how would I go about finding someone who did the blood test as opposed to the scratch test? If this test is relatively archaic and unreliable in its results I wonder why it is still used.Is it cheaper to do this than a blood test?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.