Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ladies
I've been watching the board now for years and have posted every now and then, but not very much. I was diagnosed with IBS-D and have been dealing with it for nearly 9 years. A little while ago I met the most amazing man, who is loving, compassionate, and completely understanding of my issues with IBS. Lately though..I've been trying to cope with a lot of anxiety and panic issues. I think it has a lot to do with my job, and the fact that I am a hypochondriac doesn't help either. By the time him and I actually get to spend some 'alone' time together, it feels as if I've stressed my body out so much over the week that the last thing I want to do is have sex. The worst is when I'm having attacks, because I can't help but feel ...'broken'? I mean honestly, when you've spent a good part of the night in his bathroom...the last thing you feel is sexy. He is very sympathetic regarding this and I KNOW he only wants the best for me, and wants me to feel better, but I think it's starting to bother him. I don't want him to think that it's him, because it isn't at all...but I don't know how to get out of this situation. I love sex, and I love my boyfriend...but when it all comes down to it - it's the very last thing I want to do. Any of you ladies in the same boat at all? It's killing me
I want to be able to give him this, and with everything that I've tried I just can't. -Ashleigh

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think that your problem is pretty common with IBS.I have daily episodes and certain parts of the day,sex is definately off limits!!!Unfortunately when i want sex,he's sound asleep or just got home from work.Try not to stress so much about it Ashleigh,you are probably making things worse for yourself.Just let things happen naturally when you feel well enough.Your boyfriend sounds pretty special and understanding.Just remember to keep the lines of communication open with him
:love:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ashleigh,I've had this problem for close to a year now. I'm constantly in pain, so I generally try to avoid anything of that nature. Now I have absolutely no sex drive ... Nada, zip, zilch ... Not sure if there's anything I can do about that, either.Good luck. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper. I'm blessed to have a very understanding husband, but I still feel bad.Christy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there with this problem. I feel so awful, not being able to have the kind of sexual relationship that I WANT to have. It's nutty, isn't it?Hopefully things get better. I have an issue with anxiety *I think?* which I'm sure is also adding to the problem.
Ashleigh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.