Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have been having this problem since last March...it starts off with diahrea and severe stomach cramps (gas) and as the days progress it gets worse, until I am on the toilet at least 10 times or more during the day..coming out of me like brown water. I then start to get a fever and needle like pains all over my body especially in my joints..whenever I stand up or drink even a small amount of water I go running to the toilet.I went to my doctor's two weeks into this and he diagnosed me with IBS..said it was from lack of fibre and stress. He gave me some anti biotics which made it go away...what a relief! I stopped drinking milk , which I loved to drink...ate more fiber and it seemed to be alright and a thing of the past. Until September rolled in and I started to get the diahrea again and the cramps ..everything started to happen all over again. Went to my doctor..gave me some anti biotics and again it went away until now..this March. I am starting to think it is not IBS at all because it seems to be an only seasonal affliction which comes in the spring and fall.Has anyone else in here have this problem? I mentioned to my doctor yesterday that it seems strange that it only happens every six months ..March and September...he seems to think it is still dietary. Every other month my bowel movements are ok..I have stopped dairy products and my caffine intake consists of one cup of coffee in the morning and that's it. I have this problem now in March, it will go away now that I am on antobiotics but I know it will return again in September. Any help or past experience from others will be greatly appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
IBS can wax and wane and can for some have this seasonal effect.It also shocks me although I don't know your medical history, that you doctor is putting you on antibiotics for IBS. Has he told you why he is doing this, and is there something you tested positve for that would require antibiotics? This can make it worse in the long run if its IBS for a lot of people.You might want to get a second opinion from a GI Doctor.What tests have they actually done on you?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
IBS can wax and wane and can for some have this seasonal effect.It also shocks me although I don't know your medical history, that you doctor is putting you on antibiotics for IBS. Has he told you why he is doing this, and is there something you tested positve for that would require antibiotics? This can make it worse in the long run if its IBS for a lot of people.You might want to get a second opinion from a GI Doctor.What tests have they actually done on you?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Virgo, after the email you sent me I would continue to work with your doctor as you may not have IBS.Good Luck.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Virgo, after the email you sent me I would continue to work with your doctor as you may not have IBS.Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I definately think IBS is seasonal- fall and spring. I always have it but it gets so much worse in these two seasons. Spring really is bad for me, it is starting already, I am very nauseous, and have bad stomach pain with D- just like last fall. through out the summer and winter it is mostly D without the nausea and pain. I also have very bad sinus problems - makes me wonder if the drainage is making IBS worse. Grasping for straws I guess!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I definately think IBS is seasonal- fall and spring. I always have it but it gets so much worse in these two seasons. Spring really is bad for me, it is starting already, I am very nauseous, and have bad stomach pain with D- just like last fall. through out the summer and winter it is mostly D without the nausea and pain. I also have very bad sinus problems - makes me wonder if the drainage is making IBS worse. Grasping for straws I guess!!

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
VIRGOYou may also be reactive to a seasonal antigen which also produces food cross-reactivity when you become exposed. This is not uncommon.Have you ever been tested for inhalnt allergy or food allergy (not sensitivity, IgE/IgG testing)?The history is sketchy but not inconsistent with this possibility. Has it been investigated and ruled out yet?MNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
VIRGOYou may also be reactive to a seasonal antigen which also produces food cross-reactivity when you become exposed. This is not uncommon.Have you ever been tested for inhalnt allergy or food allergy (not sensitivity, IgE/IgG testing)?The history is sketchy but not inconsistent with this possibility. Has it been investigated and ruled out yet?MNL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.