Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey kids,I know for me and possibly for others here, minor gas/fecal incontinence contributes to the leaky vapors. The Secca Procedure uses radiofrequency waves to create lesions within the anorectal canal. Over 3-6 months time, the muscles heal with better tone, thus helping incontinence.For any of those who had anorectal manometry, do you also have blunted sensation? On my report, it says, "He had first rectal sensation at 180cc and maximal tolerable volume of 320cc, which is severely blunted." In the final report by Dr. Efron regarding the Secca Procedure: "The only change in anorectal physiology results was a significant reductino in the initial and maximum tolerable rectal volumes." http://www.surgicaltechnology.com/0-STI-XI...%20treatment%22I think that if I could increase my sensation through this procedure, it might help my pelvic floor and anal sphincter to respond appropriately in addition to tightening the anorectal canal. So, what I am doing for my pelvic floor dysfunction, incomplete evacuations and fecal incontinence is hopefully:Squatting on toilet(now; helps with IE)Biofeedback(hopefully within a month; strengthen anal sphincters and pelvic floor)Secca (hopefully by January; tighten anorectal canal and help with sensation)Colostomy (if the previous two do not work by January of 2008; heck, this gets around the whole problem)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey IBS!Finally stopped in after a month and found this post. This procedure sounds promising. Please keep us updated. I guess if this doesn't work we may need to look at what else would cause LV/LG.I hope you don't have to do a colostomy. Is your C problem that bad?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.