Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so confused. I'm 26 and haven't got my period since January when I went off the pill. On my first set of bloodwork it showed my prolactin level was high but when the blood work was redone it was at a normal level. My doctor put me on prometrium 200 mg for 2 weeks, than 2 week break, I'm scheduled for an Us and told to come back in 3 months. The prometrium was supposed to get my menstruation going. The first go of it didn't work. The doctors secretary told just to keep taking it till my next appointment. The Pharmacist said if was going to work it should've work by now. Has anyone had experience with this condition or drug. I'm so young and just want to get my menstruation and ovulate to start a family. Would like to here some success stories if any are out there. Happy Thanksgiving and hope to hear from someone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
it's nice to know that someone else has the same problem! (well its not actually nice but you know what i mean). I came off the pill four months ago - 1st month normal, 2nd month 2weeks late and last month it didn't arrive at all and preg tests say neg. I went to the dr's last month when 2 weeks late and he told me that after being on the pill for so long (6years) that it may take my body a while to sort its self out but to keep eating healthy/exercise etc. like one is suppose to if one gets pregnant - he was'nt too worried.Have only recently been diagnosed with IBS (after giving up pill) but it had been suspected for about a year. Good luck and keep it touch if you do find out what may help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.