Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is about the last topic I thought I would be authoring; but there is a 2 page feature in today's Toronto Globe and Mail about colorectal cancer and the symptoms are similar to alot of what I read here."Almost all cases of colorectal cancer begin with the development of benign or non-cancerous polyps..."Symptoms of colorectal cancer include: Change in bowel habits; Alternating diarrhea and constipation; Blood in the stool; Narrower than normal stools consistently; Feeling that the bowel does not empty completely; Persistant abdominal bloating, feelings of fullness, and cramps; Unexplained weight loss; Constant tiredness and unexplained anemia..."Prevention: The most effective method of avoiding colorectal cancer is believed to be a healthy diet that is high in fiber, calcium, fruits and vegetables. There is some evidence that other dietary and lifestyle choices can reduce risk including: Regular exercise; A healthy body weight."Obviously, a similar set as many of us see in IBS.So I take back at least some of my feelings about the medical community's reaction to nutritional supplementation and IBS.See your doctor.Mark

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mark, I looked at this because it had your name on it! These symptoms do look a lot like mine were! Pretty scary really. Everyone should see their doctor initially.Good post! thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.