Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I went to see my Gastroenterologist yesterday, he is sending me for a Sehcat scan, its a type of X-ray to see if you absorb bile in the body properley. Apparently I have to swollow something then they takes pictures and then I have to go back 7 days later for more photos. Has anyone ever had one of these and what to they do exactly. He also told me to up my imodium to 3 per day every day to start with, and has put me on a 5 day course of antibiotics incase of bacterial infection. I hate antibiotics, they my my ibs-d worse. He said that the ibs-d is a mind gut thing and that it often accompanies with anxiety and I have to break the circle. (I could of told him all this, I know that) he also said its not easy to do and that I had a severe case of the ibs-d( another thing I know). So really not much more help.But I would be interested in any one else having this Sehcat x-ray done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.